|In 2001, General Motors Corporation proposed a $500,000,000 reinvestment project at its existing Tonawanda engine complex in Tonawanda, New York. This project, which involved the construction of a new state-of-the-art engine plant, involved the demolition of a building, commonly known as Plant 5, a one story factory built by the Farrel-Birmingham Company in 1942.
|This Web Site has been created pursuant to a letter of resolution between GM and the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation to memorialize the history associated with Plant 5 and the Farrel Birmingham Company and to help mitigate the loss of this historic resource.
|This Web site © 2003 by The Buffalo History Works. No materials contained within this site may be reproduced without the written consent of the copyright holders.