WKBW-TV's first studios on Main street
Originally the home of the Churchill Tabernacle, 1430 Main Street was transformed into the television studios for WKBW-TV, Channel 7 during the summer of 1958. The main studio housed two pedestal mounted cameras, one with a zoomar lens and had an audience seating capacity of over 250 people. The audience actually sat in the Tabernacle's old "choir loft." "Eyewitness News" shared a newsroom with WKBW Radio which was housed in a small white building near the near of 1430 Main. Channel 7 moved to a new downtown facility at 7 Broadcast Plaza in the 80s.